Friday, January 21, 2011

Beautiful

As ladies, how many of us do not struggle with wanting to feel beautiful? I think anyone who says they haven't ever struggled with that is probably full of it. We all want to feel beautiful and loved. This is something I have really been struggling with since I have had Joshua. Feeling beautiful that is. I know that God made me and I am "Fearfully and wonderfully made" (Ps 139:14) But sometimes I don't feel that way. I look at my body and see all the imperfections, all the stretch marks and scars, all the zits and blemishes. Or I look at what is inside, all the worry and doubt, all the fear and anger. God looks past all that though. The Bible says in Psalm 45:11 that " The King is enthralled by your beauty." To me that is so amazing to read! He is enthralled by our beauty. The word entralled means filled with wonder and delight, so it isn't saying He thinks we are ok looking. The King of all the Universe thinks we are beautiful! So anytime Satan tries to bring you down by showing you all your earthly imperfections, just remember what God thinks of you! You are so beautiful in His sight! I hope you start believing it is true because it is! Remember though that no matter how much you believe these verses that Satan will still try to tell you what God is saying isn't true. John 10:10 says, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." So don't believe the lies that Satan is telling you when he says you are pretty enough or smart enough because to God we are enough!
Ephesians 2:10, “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”
If you have any extra time, watch the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment