Thursday, January 27, 2011

Girl's Ministry Name

So after a lot of thought, I feel as if DIVAS is not the best name for our Girl’s Ministry. I do not feel as Christian ladies we need to be divas. Even though the acronym DIVAS stood for some great things that I feel God wants us to do in a Girl’s Ministry, I think diva is the opposite of what we need to be. When I think of a diva I think of someone who is all about themselves, someone who is vain and wants everything done their way. As Christian ladies, we should consider others as more important than ourselves (Phil. 2:3) and we shouldn’t worry about our outward appearance (1 Pet 3:3) and most importantly we shouldn’t want things done our way—we should be focused more on pleasing God.
Though I have not thought of a name yet, I found a couple of verses that I really love and think would be good verses for a Girl’s Ministry. 1 Peter 3:3-4 (NLT) says, “Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.” So often we worry all too much about our outward appearance and we forget all about our heart and inward beauty. God wants us to focus on the beauty that is within. I hope we can all realize how important the beauty on the inside is. A way to focus on the beauty inside is to spend more time with God and in His Word. He is the one who makes you beautiful on the inside and when you are beautiful on the inside, it cannot help but to shine out.
If anyone has any good names that would go with these verses, I could really use some help! I have been kicking around some ideas with a few people and we have thought of True Beauty or Unfading Beauty. Girls that go to FBC, let me know what you think about these verses and what they mean and if you think they are something we should be striving for as a Girl’s Ministry (I hope you would say yes to this one but be honest) Well that is all I have to say for now! Hope everyone has had a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment