Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Love Your Enemies

So as I was trying to figure out what I was going to write about today I read the daily Bible verse I get from Biblegateway.com. The verse today is Matthew 5:43-45"You have heard the law that says, 'Love your neighbor' and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike."
Sometimes this is a lot easier said than done! I know that when someone wrongs me or is rude to me I don't even want to try to love them, but God calls us to love them anyway. He doesn't just call us to love them but He also tells us to pray for them. If we can do this we will be acting like true children of God. I want to act like a true child of God and I want to show others God, therefore I am going to try and love my enemies and pray for them. I love how the verses go on to say that He sends sunlight and rain to both the good and evil. He act the same to everyone and wants everyone to have a chance to know of His love. If we hate our enemies, how are we showing the love of God to those around us?

No comments:

Post a Comment